Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Noir Theatre?

Okay, so first an excuse.... I don't have internet at my house, so I can't quite yet get around to posting any actual replies to the comments, but it has bee lovely getting them. Welcome, new readers.

So, Noir theatre...

We'll, let us think back to the elements I posited as requisite for Noir. Can they be put on stage in a manner that allows the art form to be more than an homage?

I mean, certainly, insomuchas there is totally room for violence and eroticism on stage, mysteries happen, and brutality has been rather commonplace since Oedipus plucked his eyes out. I'd say, sure. Noir can happen... Sort of.

I think the visual aesthetic is very strong, especially from the film aspect of Noir. I don't have a strong answer for replicating that on stage... Perhaps i'll come up with something tonight in the dreamland...

No comments: