Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday

Time: 2152
Location: the back patio, Pub, Sarah Lawrence college, Bronxville, NY
Mood: fair
Weather: clear skies, cold air

Grandfather,

Well, I feel a bit foolish, having sent the past few emails to an address that was, sadly, incorrect. Problem solved, I daresay.

This evening finds things in my neck of the woods quite well. I have a play due tonight, and I fear I will miss the deadline, but the deadline is more of a soft target, not the absolute end time. I started writing the play this evening, after a couple of days of gestation. My writing routine has been somewhat non existent of late, for no particular reason, so it is a little difficult to hop back into the swing of things. In the serious two hours I worked, I got ten pages done, which is no small feat, but ultimately is below the level to which I have performed in the past.

I am currently on a bit of a break as I sit in the brisk night air at the mid point of a stroll. So many tricks and tilts I use to free up my mind, to get it to focus more keenly on the worlds I am trying to populate and the stories I am trying to weave. In a certain respect, it is thoroughly exhausting, and exciting. Really flying in the world of a play is something I lack the appropriate vocabulary to describe, but it is, and I use the proper form here, Awesome. Striking awe into me.

I am going back to work now, and hope your day is full of delights.

Love,
Eric Ugland

No comments: