Wednesday, October 21, 2009

News and ideas

Sometimes people ask me where I gen my ideas. I'm sure, if you're a
creative person, you have been asked it too. I never really know how
to answer, and I'm not going to try to now.

What I am more interested in talking about is this news story I read
this morning. There's this girl in Virginia who has gone missing after
goin to a Metallica concert on Saturday night. She's a twenty year old
Virginia Tech education major.

I find I am intriuged with this story. I want to know what happened,
and for her to come home safe, but my mind is also spinnig with how to
turn this into a screenplay. Is there a filmmable story here? And if
so, what tack to take? Did this girl get taken? Was she kidnapped and
thrown in a tent in someone's backyard? Did she meet a roadie and fall
in love? Has she been sleeping on a tour bus? Was she abducted by
aliens? Maybe she was sold into slavery and headed to the middle East
to be a concubine for some wealthy sheik... All of these could be
fascinating stories, but which is the right and tactful place to take
this...?

No comments: