Friday, January 11, 2008

Bedtime Thoughts

So usually, I really connect to movies/stories about writers and writing, and I find it is an easy way to motivate me into writing more.

For example, some movies I love (about writing) are "Shakespeare in Love", "Stranger than Fiction", et al.

For the record, a movie I do not like is "She-Devil". It involves a writer and writing, but I did not enjoy it (Interesting, though, to find myself watching movies two days in a row based on the premise of adultery. What is the prevalence of this discretion in our society?)

I also love the movie "Misery".

Because I am a writer, I like movies about writing. Is that a trend that continues throughout humanity? Do we prefer to listen to stories about our own little worlds? Or are we more attracted to the places that are alien to us. The writer leading us into the places we are afraid to pace... I'm not sure.

The oldest axiom about writing that I've been dished to is "Write what you know." But does the reverse apply? Read/watch what you know?

Think on it while I sleep.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: