Thursday, November 19, 2009

Frustration Station

Time: 1034
Location: A train to Bed Stuy
Weather: rainy. Cold
Mood: frustrated

Okay, so, tonight was a rough one in some respects. So, some of you may know that I recently accepted a full time job with a theatre in Northern Manhattan (read Harlem), and while I was very excited, the commute is getting me down. An hour, or more, each way. The biggest issue has been waiting for the train. At times, I've waited longer for a train than riding it... Maybe I'll go buy a car...

In other news, I have developed this voyeuristic desire to take pictures if couples on the subway, especially in this quad camera format in order to view their interactions over time. Here's a sequence:


















Cute. People over time. What particularly interests me is how people move and when they move. I know it seems like they just closer and more cuddly, but these pictures are spread out over the journey from the Village to Bed Stuy, and there are quite a few where the couple just doesn't move. At all. Staring straight ahead into nothingness. But there's the comfort there, this sense of physical closeness and a capability to enjoy another's body. They also never said a word while they were on the train. I admit to being a bit incredulous about the girl, she seems disconcertingly young. But I find it hard to accurately judge the age of anyone, especially females.

No comments: