Thursday, November 19, 2009

NYC Horror Fest Par-Tay of Horror!


Time: 1125
Location: the F train. En route to Manhattan
Weather: cold and wet, but muggy underground
Mood: cranky with gusts of bleh

Last night was the opening night party for the New York City Horror Film Festival. I attended the event, and I had a pretty good time. I met some really interesting people from all walks of life, including David Cross who is looking very beardy these days, and if the tears in his eyes were any indication, he's not a fan of bottom shelf tequila. Only the best for Mr. Cross.

The party was fashionably late, the doors opening almost an hour into the free beer hour. It's an interesting change to have the party late instead of the guests. BLVD, the venue, is a very swanky place. I can see why it's an in demand club location. Strategically placed booths, beautiful bartenders, and that magic combination of dance floor and bar where neither overpowers the space.

The live bands were pretty good, but I was looking forward to Witches in Bikinis (yes, a band). However, due to the late start, their drummer bailed and when I left, they had yet to go on, and it wasn't likely they would be going on...

If any of you are in the NYC area, this festival has some great things in store. I will be there most nights this week, hoping to get my socks scared off.

Oh, and best of luck to my new friend Nathan Cox who's film premieres tonight.

Now:




No comments: