Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Well now.

Been a bit of time I suppose, since last I came upon this hallowed ground. I have completed year one of Sarah Lawrence College, and it has been a doozy of a year. I hope, and I know I've said this before, that I will be able to keep this blog going better in the summer months, and hopefully establish a bit more of a web presence. That being said, here's a quick summary of the year.

I wrote ten plays. That's right. Ten plays.

1. Hard Fish (yeah, I know I technically wrote this in the past, but I did six whole new drafts of it, and the play is pretty different than the original.)
2. This is Not About Love (a crooner musical with songs I don't own the rights to.)
3. Ninety Minutes to Eternity
4. The Door in the Fourth Wall
5. The Sanity of Byron Constantine
6. Axe Gambit
7. AFK
8. The Prodigal One
9. Faux Real
10. Woyzeck: The Musical

So there we go. The real turning point, in my opinion, was at play five. That's where my professors noticed real improvement and felt they were finally getting a piece of me as a writer in the plays, and that the plays weren't so distant and impersonal. I'm quite proud of a number of the plays. I think "Faux Real" is the favorite for me, though I also really like what came out of my Woyzeck adaptation. I've submitted two plays to the department for a full production, and plan on submitting some other plays to other theatres for development/production soon. SO, if any of my lovely readers would like to suggest places to send plays, let me know.

That said, I'm back here. On the blog. AND, I'm looking forward to a productive summer. For the mean time, I'm headed to the laundry room. It's time to move. Again.

No comments: